This is a weekly report from the I&R (Infrastructure & Release Engineering) Team. It also contain updates for CPE (Community Platform Engineering) Team as the CPE initiatives are in most cases tied to I&R work.
We provide you both infographic and text version of the weekly report. If you just want to quickly look at what we did, just look at the infographic. If you are interested in more in depth details look below the infographic.
Week: 22 Jan – 26 Jan 2024
Infrastructure & Release Engineering
Purpose of this team is to take care of day to day business regarding CentOS and Fedora Infrastructure and Fedora release engineering work.
It’s responsible for services running in Fedora and CentOS infrastructure and preparing things for the new Fedora release (mirrors, mass branching, new namespaces etc.).
List of planned/in-progress issues
- Dealing with IPA/authentication outage – it seems to be mostly fixed
- Move IRC nagios alerts to Matrix
- Deploy rpmautospec version 0.3.8+ to koji
- proxies: adjust logrotate to xz logs
- Enable Auto-Signing for f40-rebuild Mass-Rebuild Tag
CentOS Infra including CentOS CI
- F40 schedule postponed by one week, due to issues during mass rebuild
- F40 mass rebuild currently ongoing
- Use DNF 5 as package manager for Mock
- Create EPEL 10 package signing key
Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux (or EPEL) is a Fedora Special Interest Group that creates, maintains, and manages a high quality set of additional packages for Enterprise Linux, including, but not limited to, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), CentOS and Scientific Linux (SL), Oracle Linux (OL).
- Backport fix for CVE-2023-46445 and CVE-2023-46446 to python-asyncssh in EPEL 9
Matrix Native Zodbot
With ongoing stability issues with the Matrix <-> IRC bridge and many contributors switching over to Matrix, zodbot has become increasingly unreliable. The bridge is currently shut off completely. This initiative will provide a future proof solution and allow us to conduct meetings without wasting time troubleshooting the bridge and zodbot.
- Nonbot now is notifying on pagure repos (new issues and git pushes). This was done previously with a generic maubot webhook plugin, but now uses a pagure-specific plugin. This has the benefit of being able to notify any room about any pagure repo. Additionally, the old generic way was not checking if messages were coming from pagure, now it verifies against the pagure webhook key.