This is a part of the Mindshare Elections Interviews series. Voting is open to all Fedora contributors. The voting period starts on Thursday, 21 November and closes promptly at 23:59:59 UTC on Thursday, 5 December 2019.
Interview with Héctor Hugo Louzao Pozueco
- Fedora account: hhlp
- IRC nick: hhlp (found in #fedora, #fedora-join, #fedora-ask)
- Telegram nick: @louzaoh (found in t.me/fedora t.me/joinfedora t.me/Ask_Fedora)
- Fedora user wiki page
Is there a specific task or issue you think that Mindshare should address this term?
Improve communication is always the GOAL, in order to help teams to obtain their results in a more efficient way, using more advanced tools such as Taiga/Discourse and establish it as the main tools for making decision, monitoring and retrospective (What went well?/What went bad?) and adapt the Agile life cycle to our lives, life changes rapidly and new technologies are born and we have to adapt quickly to it or die trying it, and we have to avoid that.
Please elaborate on the personal “Why” which motivates you to be a candidate for Mindshare.
I’ve spent a lot of time in the Fedora community, specially the last 10 years… keeping my focus in AskFedora Question/Answer Site. Since 2018 I’m part of Fedora Join Group, performing different tasks in both groups as you can see in Fedora Activities Wiki Section.
- I’m awesome convincing people to make things happen.
- I understand what people need/want and make it happen.
- I’m an excellent serving as a bridge between Tech and Non-Tech people, giving them a chance to communicate and work together.
- I’m always looking for new tools and testing it (sometimes people don’t like to leave their comfort zone).
What are your thoughts on the impact (as an individual and then as a Mindshare group) that the group will have on the Fedora Mission?
As an individual:
- Improve communication
- Improve productivity.
- Create/Improve workflow. (Standard Operation Procedure), every single TEAM (ambassador, infra, mindshare, localization, join, askfedora, CommOPS, Documentation, , etc) should have one on FedoraDocs, based on How fedora is organized.
- Use Taiga and Discourse tools to accomplish these tasks.
As a group:
- Get the best of both worlds Technological/Non-technological, to give the chance to work in groups to communicate/work effectively and get the best results and apply all the tools available in this moment to achieve this task.
- Improve communications between the Mindshare team not only improve this team, it will also benefit other teams involved.
- Make the newcomers comfortable in our community as we describe here, and have all the tools/Information at their disposal to carry out their work, independent of the team that belongs.
- This will allow newcomers to have a better view or a more general idea of what is fedora.
As a Review of all of this:
The Principal purpose as individual/Group is to continue keeping Fedora as an innovative tool for Red Hat and CentOS.
My motto is quality instead of quantity 💯