This is a weekly report from the CPE (Community Platform Engineering) Team. If you have any questions or feedback, please respond to this report or contact us on #redhat-cpe channel on libera.chat.
We provide you both infographic and text version of the weekly report. If you just want to quickly look at what we did, just look at the infographic. If you are interested in more in depth details look below the infographic.
Week: 24 July – 28 July 2023
Highlights of the week
Infrastructure & Release Engineering
Goal of this Initiative
Purpose of this team is to take care of day to day business regarding CentOS and Fedora Infrastructure and Fedora release engineering work.
It’s responsible for services running in Fedora and CentOS infrastructure and preparing things for the new Fedora release (mirrors, mass branching, new namespaces etc.).
The ARC (which is a subset of the team) investigates possible initiatives that CPE might take on.
- Retire unbound servers
- Enable FUSE (load fuse module) on Koji builders
- Drop spins.fedoraproject.org
- Add pagure to tiny-stage
CentOS Infra including CentOS CI
- Caching issue resolved: https://pagure.io/centos-infra/issue/1223
- New mirror: https://pagure.io/centos-infra/issue/1224
- Adding pingou to a package to automotive9s-packages-* in CBS tags: https://pagure.io/centos-infra/issue/1225
Goal of this initiative
Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux (or EPEL) is a Fedora Special Interest Group that creates, maintains, and manages a high quality set of additional packages for Enterprise Linux, including, but not limited to, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), CentOS and Scientific Linux (SL), Oracle Linux (OL).
EPEL packages are usually based on their Fedora counterparts and will never conflict with or replace packages in the base Enterprise Linux distributions. EPEL uses much of the same infrastructure as Fedora, including buildsystem, bugzilla instance, updates manager, mirror manager and more.
- Updated caddy in EPEL 7 to resolve CVE-2022-3064 and CVE-2022-41717
Goal of this initiative
CPE has few members that are working as part of Community Design Team. This team is working on anything related to design in Fedora Community.
- Podman / Podman Desktop testing integrated into Fedora OpenQA
- Fedora Pride Logo ticket and spot illustrations
- Podman Desktop tray animation in progress
- Design system documentation for Podman Desktop
- Finalising Flock assets 🎉