Fedora Linux 36 branches from Rawhide today. While there’s still a lot of work before the Fedora Linux 36 release in April, this marks the beginning of the Fedora Linux 37 development cycle. The work you do in Rawhide will be in the Fedora Linux 37 release in October.
With that in mind, here are some important milestones:
- Wed 2022-06-22: Proposal submission deadline (Changes requiring infrastructure changes)
- Tue 2022-06-28: Proposal submission deadline (Changes requiring mass rebuild & System-Wide Changes)
- Tue 2022-07-19: Proposal submission deadline (Self Contained Changes)
- Tue 2022-08-09:
- Change Checkpoint: Completion deadline (testable)
- Branch Fedora Linux 37 from Rawhide
- Tue 2022-08-23:
- Change Checkpoint: 100% Code Complete Deadline
- Beta Freeze begins
- Tue 2022-09-13: Beta release (early target date)
- Tue 2022-09-20: Beta release (target date #1)
- Tue 2022-10-04: Final Freeze begins
- Tue 2022-10-18: Final release (early target date)
- Tue 2022-10-25: Final release (target date #1)
Of course, the schedule is subject to change. The schedules published to fedorapeople.org are always the most up-to-date.
As always, if your team needs additions, removals, or changes, you can file a ticket in the Pagure repo.