Here’s your report of what has happened in Fedora this week. The Beta Freeze is underway. Fedora 32 Beta is go! It will release on Tuesday, 17 March. Update your team’s release readiness status in the wiki.
North America changed summer time this week. Did you notice? Check your meeting times and see my email to the devel list for more information.
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- The Community Platform Engineering (CPE) team is hiring for a DevOps/sysadmin role in Waterford, IE or EMEA/APAC/LATAM remote.
- Freenode account, nickname, and channel cleanup will begin 12 April.
- The Fedora Council wants your feedback on an updated draft vision statement.
- It’s the time of year when we move the clocks around. See my email to the devel list for details.
- Taskotron will be retired on 30 April.
|DevConf.US||Framingham, MA, US||23–25 Sep 2020||closes 27 Apr|
|GUADEC||Zacatecas, MX||22–28 Jul 2020||closes 31 March|
|Community Leadership Summit||Raleigh, NC, US||closes 10 Apr|
|All Things Open||Raleigh, NC, US||18–20 Oct 2020||closes 20 Mar|
- 1317 package review requests are open
- Add your team to the release readiness page
- Help us name the IoT Edition: submit your suggestions by 15 March
- Take a moment to test dnf upgrades to Fedora 32
- Submit your supplementary wallpaper designs before 14 March
- It’s time to contribute to the Fedora 32 Release Notes
- Fedora 32 blocker review — 1600 UTC Monday in #fedora-blocker-review
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Council meeting — 1400 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- 2020-03-17 Beta release
- 2020-04-07 Final Freeze begins
- 2020-04-21 Preferred Final target date
- The datacenter move timelines are now on the Fedora 32 infrastructure schedule
- AAA replacement: see the GitHub kanban board for tasks
- Communishift will be out for 2-3 weeks beginning 12 April for the datacenter move.
See the CPE weekly for more information.