Here’s your report of what has happened in Fedora this week. The Final freeze is underway and the Go/No-Go meeting is Thursday!
I have weekly office hours in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else.
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- Freenode account, nickname, and channel cleanup will begin 12 April.
- It’s the time of year when we move the clocks around. See my email to the devel list for details.
- Taskotron will be retired on 30 April.
- Fedora contributor Niharika Shrivastava (orionstar25) is a finalist for the 2020 Red Hat Women in Open Source Academic Award.
- The GNOME Community Engagement Challenge is accepting applications through 1 July.
|DevConf.US||Framingham, MA, US||23–25 Sep 2020||closes 27 Apr|
|Community Leadership Summit||Raleigh, NC, US||17 Oct 2020||closes 10 Apr|
|All Things Open||Raleigh, NC, US||18–20 Oct 2020||closes 17 Apr|
- 420 package review requests are awaiting a reviewer
- Add your team to the release readiness page
- Take a moment to test dnf upgrades to Fedora 32
- It’s time to contribute to the Fedora 32 Release Notes
- Kernel Test Week will run 2020-04-13 to 2020-04-17
- IoT Test Day is 2020-04-15
- The Mobility SIG is looking for volunteers to help with bringing Fedora to mobile phones
- The Modularity team wants your feedback on Fedora Modularity
- Fedora 32 blocker review — 1600 UTC Monday in #fedora-blocker-review
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Council meeting — 1400 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Fedora 32 Final Go/No-Go meeting 1700 UTC Thursday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Fedora 32 Final Release Readiness meeting 1900 UTC Thursday in #fedora-meeting-1
- 2020-04-09 Final Freeze begins
- 2020-04-21 Preferred Final target date
|Bug ID||Bug Status||Component||Blocker Status|
|MinGW environment and toolchain update||System-Wide||Approved|
|GNU Make version 4.3||System-Wide||Approved|
|Strong crypto settings: phase 2||System-Wide||Approved|
|java-11-openjdk as system JDK in F33||System-Wide||FESCo #2370|
|ELN Buildroot and Compose||System-Wide||FESCo #2365|
|Mark libdb as deprecated||System-Wide||Announced|
|Introduce module Obsoletes and EOL||System-Wide||FESCo #2364|
|Removal of the glibc-headers package||System-Wide||Announced|
|Network Time Security||Self-Contained||Announced|
Changes approved, rejected, or withdrawn will be removed from this table the next week. See the ChangeSet page for a full list of approved changes.