Here’s your report of what has happened in Fedora this week. The Nest With Fedora Call for Participation is now open.
I have weekly office hours in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else.
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- Fedora documentation is now multilinugal
- The Fedora Council meeting time has moved to Thursday.
- A draft Modularity Improvements Objective has been shared for comment
|Nest With Fedora||The Internet||7-9 Aug 2020||open|
|openSUSE + LibreOffice Virtual Conference||The Internet||15-17 October 2020||closes 4 August|
|SeaGL||The Internet||13–14 November 2020||closes 15 August|
- 140 package review requests are awaiting a reviewer
- The Fedora Ambassadors Revamp needs volunteers for the organizing task force.
- See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Prioritized bugs meeting — 1500 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting
- CPE Product Owner office hours 1300 UTC Thursday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Fedora Social Hour — 1400 UTC Thursday in #fedora-social on element.io
- 2020-07-27: Mass rebuild begins (late)
- 2020-07-22: Spins keepalive deadline
The full schedule is available on Fedorapeople.
|Bug ID||Component||Bug Status||Blocker Status|
|CompilerPolicy Change||System-Wide||FESCo #2409|
|NSS dbm support removal||Self-Contained||FESCo #2415|
|Better Thermal Management for the Workstation||Self-Contained||FESCo #2437|
|Patches in Forge macros – Auto macros – Detached rpm changelogs||System-Wide||FESCo #2440|
|FlexiBLAS as BLAS/LAPACK manager||System-Wide||Approved|
|PostgreSQL 13||Self-Contained||FESCo #2448|
|Reserve resources for active users (Workstation)||Self-Contained||Announced|
|X.org Utility Deaggregation||Self-Contained||Announced|
|.NET Core on Aarch64||Self-Contained||FESCo #2453|
|DXVK as default wined3d backend on VK capable hardware||Self-Contained||Announced|
|Ruby on Rails 6.0||Self-Contained||Announced|
|Policy for Modules in Fedora and Fedora ELN||Self-Contained||FESCo #2452|
|glibc32 Build Adjustments||Self-Contained||Deferred|
|NSS CK_GCM_PARAMS change||System-Wide||FESCo #2400|
|RPM-level auto release and changelog bumping||System-Wide||FESCo #2441|
Changes approved, rejected, or withdrawn will be removed from this table the next week. See the ChangeSet page for a full list of approved changes.
- Datacenter move
- Communishift will remain offline until further notice
- The infrastructure moves is nearly complete. A list of known issues is available.
- AAA replacement
- See the GitHub kanban board for more information