Here’s your report of what has happened in Fedora this week. Fedora 33 Beta will be released on Tuesday. Final freeze begins Tuesday 6 October. Please update the Release Readiness page with your team’s status.
I have weekly office hours in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else.
- See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- CPE Product Owner office hours — 1300 UTC Thursday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Council meeting — 1700 UTC Thursday in #fedora-meeting
- Fedora Social Hour — 2300 UTC Thursday in #fedora-social on element.io
- 2020-09-29 — Beta Release
- 2020-10-06 — Final freeze begins
- 2020-10-20 — Final release preferred target date
- 2020-10-27 — Final release target date #1
The full schedule is available on Fedorapeople.
|Bug ID||Component||Bug Status||Blocker Status|
|RPM-level auto release and changelog bumping||System-Wide||FESCo #2441|
|CompilerPolicy Change||System-Wide||FESCo #2409|
|Python Upstream Architecture Names||Self-Contained||Approved|
|Remove support for SELinux runtime disable||System-Wide||Approved|
|Wayland by Default for KDE Plasma Desktop||System-Wide||Approved|
|Rust Crate Packages For Release Branches||System-Wide||FESCo #2472|
|Move deprecated bluetooth utilities to subpackage||Self-Contained||Announced|
|Debug Info Standardization (from DWZ to -fdebug-types-section)||System-Wide||Announced|
Changes approved, rejected, or withdrawn will be removed from this table the next week. See the ChangeSet page for a full list of approved changes.
- Datacenter move
- Communishift will remain offline until further notice
- The infrastructure moves is nearly complete. A list of known issues is available.
- Staging environment is about 70% done
- AAA replacement
- Testing Ipsilon in Staging and adding OpenID Connect capability
- See the GitHub kanban board for more information
- See the CPE weekly for more information