Here’s your report of what has happened in Fedora this week. EPEL 6 has reached end-of-life. Fedora 34 Change proposal which require infrastructure changes are due on Wednesday, 16 December. Congratulations to the newly-elected members of Council, FESCo, and Mindshare.
|FOSDEM CentOS Dojo||virtual||4-5 Feb 2021||closes 20 Dec|
|FOSDEM Distro Dev Room||virtual||6 Feb 2021||closes 20 Dec|
- See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
- FPgM Office Hours — 1400 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Community Outreach Revamp AMA — 1500 UTC Thursday in #fedora-mindshare on Matrix
- Fedora Council Video Meeting: Fedora Mexico — 1600 UTC Thursday on Bluejeans
- Fedora Social Hour — 2300 UTC Thursday in #fedora-social on Matrix
Upcoming key schedule milestones:
- 2020-12-16 — Change proposal deadline: Changes requiring infrastructure changes
- 2020-12-29 — Change proposal deadline: System-Wide Changes, Changes requiring mass rebuild
- 2021-01-19 — Change proposal deadline: Self-Contained Changes
- 2021-01-20 — Spins keepalive deadline
|RPM-level auto release and changelog bumping||System-Wide||FESCo #2441|
|CompilerPolicy Change||System-Wide||FESCo #2409|
|Remove and deprecate nscd in favour of sssd and systemd-resolved||Self-Contained||FESCo #2501|
|GNU Toolchain update (gcc 11, glibc 2.33)||System-Wide||FESCo #2507|
|Route all Audio to PipeWire||System-Wide||FESCo #2508|
|Rename libusb packages and deprecated old API||Self-Contained||FESCo #2510|
|ibus-anthy for default Japanese IME||System-Wide||Announced|
|Xwayland as a standalone package||System-Wide||Announced|
|Make Fedora CoreOS a Fedora Edition||System-Wide||Announced|
Changes approved, rejected, or withdrawn will be removed from this table the next week. See the ChangeSet page for a full list of approved changes.