Here’s your report of what has happened in Fedora Program Management this week. Fedora 29 is getting more exciting with the Beta freeze upcoming. Meanwhile, we’re already looking at Change proposals for Fedora 30.
I’ve set up weekly office hours in #fedora-meeting. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections or anything else.
- Blocker review meeting: 1600 UTC on Monday in in #fedora-blocker-review
- FPgM office hours: 1300 UTC on Wednesday in #fedora-meeting
- Prioritized bugs and issues: 1400 UTC on Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Council (Objectives update): 1900 UTC on Wednesday in #fedora-meeting
- Code completion deadline is August 28.
- Beta freeze begins August 28.
- The deadline for software string translations is August 28.
The schedule structure is largely the same with a few key changes:
- Proposed Changes that require changes to Fedora infrastructure now have an explicit deadline pinned to 4 weeks before the start of the mass rebuild window.
- Election nominations and questionnaire development will occur in parallel to allow time for Marketing to record and publish a Fedora Podcast episode with candidates.
Prior to the development of the Fedora 31 schedule, I will work with subprojects to evaluate the existing milestones for relevance and accuracy. In the meantime, if you have any questions or suggestions you can email me or join the weekly FPgM Office Hours on Wednesday at 1300 UTC in #fedora-meeting.
In Monday’s blocker review meeting, nine proposed blockers and three accepted blockers were evaluated.
- Accepted (beta) — segfault in ns-slapd during FreeIPA server deployment (or post-deployment operation) on Rawhide
- Rejected (beta), Accepted (final) — dnf no longer understands its repository configuration
- Rejected (beta), Accepted (final), Freeze Exception (beta) — DNF update fails with “cannot install the best update candidate for package”
- Accepted (beta) — dnf doesn’t record modular metadata in a local database
- Accepted (beta) — nothing provides libpoppler.so.74()(64bit) needed by gdal-libs-2.2.4-7.fc29.x86_64 / libreoffice-pdfimport-1:22.214.171.124-7.fc29.x86_64
Announced (Fedora 30)
- Mass Python2 package removal
- Make ambiguous python shebangs error
- No more automagic Python bytecompilation (phase 2)
- New 128-bit IEEE long double ABI for IBM 64-bit POWER LE
- Remove glibc-all-langpacks from buildroot
- Remove the Group: Tag From All Packages
Accepted by FESCo (Fedora 29)
Deferred to Fedora 30
The numbers below reflect the current state of Bugzilla tracking bugs.