Here’s your report of what has happened in Fedora Program Management this week. The Fedora 29 Beta RC5 was declared Go and will release on 25 September.
I’ve set up weekly office hours in #fedora-meeting. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections or anything else.
- The Marketing team needs help filling out the F29 Beta Talking Points
- Changes to the packaging guidelines — includes Python, crypto policies, and others
- The CfP for DevConf.cz 2019 is open
- Blocker review meeting: 1600 UTC on Monday in in #fedora-blocker-review
- FPgM office hours: 1300 UTC on Wednesday in #fedora-meeting
- Council (Objectives Update): 1400 UTC on Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Beta freeze is underway through September 18.
- Beta release date is set for 25 September.
Fedora 29 Status
- Beta RC5 is GO for release on 2018-09-25
- Blocker bugs and freeze exceptions
The numbers below reflect the current state of Bugzilla tracking bugs.
Fedora 30 Changes
Fedora 30 includes a Change that will cause ambiguous python shebangs to error. A list of failing builds is available on Taskotron.