Here’s your report of what has happened in Fedora Program Management this week. The Beta freeze is underway and the Go/No-Go meeting is Thursday!
I have weekly office hours in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else.
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- Older koji builds are being moved to archive storage.
- The Red Hat Summit CfP is open through 22 October.
- The Community Platform Engineering (CPE) team is hiring a senior software engineer to work on Fedora and CentOS infrastructure.
- The QA team has adopted a new policy on last-minute blocker bugs.
- The COPR retention policy is now seven days instead of 14.
- The Infinote (Gobby) service is now retired. Archives are available on the web.
- The L10N team is looking for help with the migration to Weblate
- The Workstation WG is forming a subgroup to investigate better protection of user data
- What projects should we highlight for Hacktoberfest? Let me know!
Upcoming meetings & test days
- Blocker review — 1600 UTC Monday in #fedora-blocker-review
- i18n Test Day — Tuesday
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Fedora 31 Beta Go/No-Go meeting — 1700 UTC Thursday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Fedora 31 Release Readiness meeting — 1900 UTC Thursday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Friday with Infra — Friday
- 17 September — Beta release preferred target
- 8 October — Final freeze begins
- 22 October — Final release preferred target
- Ship BerkleyDB backend as a module — deferred to Fedora 32
- Bundler 2.0 — deferred to Fedora 32
|Bug ID||Blocker status||Component||Bug status|