Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)!
The Nest With Fedora CfP is extended until 23 July. Registration is open now.
Fedora Linux 35 mass rebuild begins Wednesday.
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- Long-term FTBFS packages will be retired approximately one week before the F35 branch day.
- A new webpage to find packager sponsors is now available.
|Nest With Fedora||virtual||5-7 Aug||closes 23 July|
|SeaGL||virtual||5–6 Nov||closes 5 August|
|Ohio Linux Fest||Columbus, OH, US||early Dec||closes 1 October|
- See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday and 2000 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Council meeting — 1700 UTC Thursday in #fedora-meeting
- Fedora Social Hour — 2300 UTC Thursday in #fedora-social on Matrix
Fedora Linux 35
- 2021-07-20 — Change submission deadline (Self-Contained Changes)
- 2021-07-21 — Mass rebuild begins
- 2021-08-10 — F35 branches from Rawhide, F36 development begins
For the full schedule, see the schedule website.
|Libvirt Modular Daemons||Self-Contained||Approved|
|MinGW environment and toolchain update||System-Wide||Approved|
|Optimal LUKS Encryption Sector Size||Self-Contained||Approved|
|Update firewalld to v1.0.0||System-Wide||Approved|
|Boost 1.76 upgrade||System-Wide||Approved|
|GNU Toolchain update (gcc 11, glibc 2.34, binutils 2.37, gdb 10.2)||System-Wide||Approved|
|Filtered Flathub Applications||System-Wide||Approved|
|Memory Constraints macros for RPM||System-Wide||Approved|
|Third-party Software Mechanism||System-Wide||Approved|
|Gconv package split in glibc||System-Wide||Approved|
|GHC 8.10 and Stackage lts-18||Self-Contained||FESCo #2648|
|Remove SHA-1 from Sqlite||Self-Contained||Withdrawn|
|Enhanced Inscript as default Indic IM||Self-Contained||Announced|
Changes approved, rejected, or withdrawn will be removed from this table the next week. See the ChangeSet page for a full list of approved changes.
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.