Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)!
This will be the last Friday’s Fedora Facts for 2021. See you next year!
- The Taiga instance on teams.fedoraproject.org will be retired on 17 December.
- EPEL 9 is now available
|Distributions DevRoom @ FOSDEM||virtual||5–6 Feb||closes 20 Dec|
|CentOS Dojo @ FOSDEM||virtual||3–4 Feb||closes 9 Jan|
|Red Hat Summit||TBD||late spring||closes 5 Jan|
- 331 package review requests are awaiting a reviewer
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
Upcoming test days
See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
Fedora Linux 36
- 273 packages fail to build from source
- 79 packages fail to install
- 2021-12-22 — Deadline for Change proposals that require infrastructure changes
- 2021-12-28 — Deadline for System-Wide Change proposals and proposals that require mass rebuild
- 2022-01-18 — Deadline for Self-Contained Change proposals
- 2022-01-19 — Mass rebuild begins
- 2022-02-08 — F36 branches from Rawhide; Rawhide begins F37 development
The table below lists proposed Changes. See the ChangeSet page or Bugzilla for information on approved Changes.
|Users are administrators by default in the installer GUI.||Self-Contained||FESCo #2708|
|Enable fs-verity in RPM||System-Wide||FESCo #2711|
|Switch GnuTLS to allowlisting||System-Wide||FESCo #2712|
|Make Rescue Mode Work With Locked Root||System-Wide||FESCo #2713|
|Wayland By Default with NVIDIA proprietary Driver||System-Wide||FESCo #2714|
|GHC compiler parallel version installs||Self-Contained||Announced|
|Keylime subpackaging and agent alternatives||Self-Contained||Announced|
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.
Start the discussion by commenting on the auto-created topic at discussion.fedoraproject.org