Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)!
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- The Nest With Fedora CfP is open!
- Some docs repos are moving to GitLab.
- Elections voting is open through 16 June.
|Akademy||Barcelona, ES||1–7 Oct||closes 12 Jun|
|PyCon SK||Bratislava, SK||9–11 Sep||closes 30 Jun|
|SREcon22 EMEA||Amsterdam, NL||25–27 Oct||closes 30 Jun|
|Write the Docs Prague||virtual||11–13 Sep||closes 30 Jun|
|React India||Goa, IN & virtual||22–24 Sep||closes 30 Jun|
|NodeConf EU||Kilkenny, IE & virtual||3–5 Oct||closes 6 Jul|
|Nest With Fedora||virtual||4–6 Aug||closes 8 Jul|
|CentOS Dojo at DevConf US||Boston, MA, US||17 Aug||closes 22 Jul|
- Package review requests:
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- Submit your ideas for the “Feature Spotlight” series in Fedora Magazine
- Sign up for the Anaconda interface study
- Take the annual Fedora Contributor survey and get a badge!
See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
Meetings & events
- Mindshare Committee meeting — 1200 UTC Tuesday in #fedora-mindshare
- FESCo meeting — 1700 UTC Tuesday in #fedora-meeting
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday and 1900 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Prioritized bugs meeting — 1400 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Fedora Social Hour — 1400 UTC Thursday in #social on Fedora.im
Fedora Linux 36
- 2022-06-16 — Election voting ends
See the schedule website for the full schedule.
Fedora Linux 37
|Build all JDKs in Fedora against in-tree libraries and with static stdc++lib||System-Wide||FESCo #2794|
|Enhance Persian Font Support||Self-Contained||Approved|
|Return Cloud Base to Edition Status||System-Wide||FESCo #2802|
|Fallback Hostname||System-Wide||FESCo #2804|
|RPM Macros for Build Flags||System-Wide||FESCo #2805|
|LLVM 15||Self-Contained||FESCo #2806|
|Supplement of Server distributables by a KVM VM disk image||Self-Contained||FESCo #2807|
Fedora Linux 38
Fedora Linux 40
The table below lists proposed Changes.
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.