Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)!
Fedora Linux 38 branches from Rawhide on Tuesday.
I have weekly office hours most Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time). Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- Long-term fails-to-build-from-source packages will be retired from F38 and Rawhide approximately 8 February.
- I am proposing a change to how release schedule ics files are rendered. Please provide feedback in the issue before 13 February.
- Rawhide kernels are now built with both debug and non-debug variations. Debug builds are now available for aarch64 in addition to x86_64.
|Open Source Summit North America||Vancouver, BC, CA||10–12 May||closes 5 Feb|
|Write The Docs||Portland, OR, US||7–9 May||closes 6 Feb|
|Newcrafts||Paris, FR||25–26 May||closes 12 Feb|
|Open Source North||St. Paul, MN, US||24 May||closes 18 Feb|
|Berlin Buzzwords||Berlin, DE||18–20 Jun||closes 19 Feb|
|JSDay IE||Dublin, IE||26 Sep||closes 28 Feb|
|Scenic City Summit||Chattanooga, TN, US||2 Jun||closes 1 Mar|
|DevConf.CZ||Brno, Czech Republic||16-18 Jun||closes 10 Mar|
|DevOpsDays Chicago||Chicago, IL, US||9–10 Aug||closes 17 Mar|
|Container Days||Hamburg, DE||11–13 Sep||closes 31 Mar|
|Upstream||virtual||7 Jun||closes 7 Apr|
|openSUSE Conference 2023||Nürnberg, DE||26–28 May||closes 9 Apr|
|Web Weekend Kathmandu||Kathmandu, NP||23–24 Sep||closes 21 Apr|
- Package review requests:
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- Submit GNOME project proposals for Outreachy by 7 February.
- Submit proposals for projects and mentors for Outreachy by 24 February.
- Participants wanted for the Display/HDR hackfest in Brno, CZ 24–26 April.
Upcoming test days
Have a test day idea for Fedora Linux 38? The call for test days is open.
Meetings & events
See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
Fedora Linux 38
Below are some upcoming schedule dates. See the schedule website for the full schedule.
- 2023-02-07 — F38 branches from Rawhide
- 2023-02-07 — F38 Change completion deadline (testable)
- 2023-02-21 — F38 Change completion deadline (100% complete)
|IPP-USB as a weak dependency of CUPS and sane-airscan||Self-Contained||Approved|
|IoT Simplified Installer||Self-Contained||Approved|
Fedora Linux 39
|Replace DNF with DNF5||System-Wide||Approved|
|Mass Retire Golang Leaves||Self-Contained||Announced|
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.