This is a weekly report from the I&R (Infrastructure & Release Engineering) Team. It also contain updates for CPE (Community Platform Engineering) Team as the CPE initiatives are in most cases tied to I&R work.
We provide you both infographic and text version of the weekly report. If you just want to quickly look at what we did, just look at the infographic. If you are interested in more in depth details look below the infographic.
Week: 08 January – 12 January 2024
Infrastructure & Release Engineering
Purpose of this team is to take care of day to day business regarding CentOS and Fedora Infrastructure and Fedora release engineering work.
It’s responsible for services running in Fedora and CentOS infrastructure and preparing things for the new Fedora release (mirrors, mass branching, new namespaces etc.).
- Zabbix ticket with RH IT closed here
- Zabbix agent now rolled out to entire Fedora Infra Production hosts. Debugging one or two things on releng hosts and ipsilon.
- Fixed: Intermittent Skipping of Messages in Fedora Messaging Bus Setup
- countme log gathering script improvment/cleanup
- Clean out old SOPs
- Add step for creating dist-git groups to groups how-to
- Create cname for Discourse staging instance
- Add Flatpak Cache as a OpenShift app
CentOS Infra including CentOS CI
- Decommission old sponsored nodes
- rpmautospec on CentOS Stream Koji
- Reconfigure koji runroot plugin for additional cs10 koji volume
- fedora-common-ostree: Prepare for ppc64le support in bootupd & bootupd: Minor clean up
- F40: KDE: Split initial setup packages into their own group
Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux (or EPEL) is a Fedora Special Interest Group that creates, maintains, and manages a high quality set of additional packages for Enterprise Linux, including, but not limited to, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), CentOS and Scientific Linux (SL), Oracle Linux (OL).
- Monthly Office Hours call last Wednesday
- EPEL Steering Committee call
- James Richardson onboarding
- Requested vorbis-tools for EPEL9 to fix icedax package
CPE has few members that are working as part of Community Design Team. This team is working on anything related to design in Fedora Community.
- Working on Creative Freedom Summit 🤩
- Podman / Podman Desktop Hackathon running this week
- Getting assets ready for FOSDEM