This is a weekly report from the I&R (Infrastructure & Release Engineering) Team. It also contains updates for CPE (Community Platform Engineering) Team as the CPE initiatives are in most cases tied to I&R work.
We provide you both an infographic and a text version of the weekly report. If you just want to quickly look at what we did, just look at the infographic. If you are interested in more in-depth details look below the infographic.
Week: 29 January – 02 February 2024Read more: Infra & RelEng Update – Week 5 2024
Infrastructure & Release Engineering
The purpose of this team is to take care of day-to-day business regarding CentOS and Fedora Infrastructure and Fedora release engineering work.
It’s responsible for services running in Fedora and CentOS infrastructure and preparing things for the new Fedora release (mirrors, mass branching, new namespaces, etc.).
List of planned/in-progress issues
- Resolved: ssh to fedorapeople.org may be down
- IPA outage completely resolved
- IPA migrated to RHEL 9
- Fixed: Issue querying fasjson.fedoraproject.org (random time)
- Fixed: recurring mirror service stop/failure
- Fedora Discussion issues related to the IPA outage ticket added logging/fasjson error handling to the fas2discourse-operator
- Zabbix monitoring for releng compose cronjobs, POC completed, SOP finished up soon and can follow to implement work.
CentOS Infra including CentOS CI
Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux (or EPEL) is a Fedora Special Interest Group that creates, maintains, and manages a high-quality set of additional packages for Enterprise Linux, including, but not limited to, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), CentOS and Scientific Linux (SL), Oracle Linux (OL).
- Packaging workshop at Centos Connect
List of new releases of apps maintained by CPE
- Minor update of Anitya from 1.8.1 to 1.9.0 on 2024-01-30: https://github.com/fedora-infra/anitya/releases/tag/1.9.0