The Fedora contributors and enthusiast in Mexico city has monthly meetings since February. Here a little resume of our activities as a local community:
The “Fedora Containers Lab” workshop by Alex Callejas (darkaxl017) was the first event of our monthly meetings, the topics were:
- Installation of KVM and libraries
- Setup a Fedora Server virtual machine.
- Install podman and set up many containers inside the virtual machine
The second meeting
- Installation of Fedora 29.
- First Steps (setup root account, default apps and more)
- Third party repositories.
- Get a FAS Account.
- The Fedora-Join Team.
- What can I do for the Fedora project?
“Fedora Cloud” session has two amazing talks:
“uCeph in Fedora” by Sandino Araico (a great friend of the Open Source community in Mexico) and “Cloud in a briefcase” by Ivan Chavero (Part of the Fedora community in Mexico and RedHat Engineer).
Our meetings in numbers
- Audience: 33 assistants on average, divided in:
- 15 studens on STEM careers.
- 12 Sysadmins.
- 6 Developers.
- Our telegram group has 79 members.
- Our Meetup group has 184 members.
- 6 new FAS Accounts.
- Preparation between meetings: 3 weeks.
Our next meeting will be an amazing Fedora 30 Release party. Many thanks to all the people working to do this monthly events possible.