Here’s your report of what has happened in Fedora this week.
I have weekly office hours in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else.
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- Long term FTBFS packages will be retired next week.
- Bodhi can now gate multi-build updates.
- The keys.fedoraproject.org service will be retired on 10 February.
- The Community Platform Engineering (CPE) team is hiring for a DevOps/sysadmin role in Waterford, IE or EMEA/APAC/LATAM remote.
- Mock 2.0 is released
|Open Source Summit NA||Austin, TX, US||22–24 Jun 2020||closes 16 Feb|
- Join the thread on the devel mailing list discussing ideas for security policy adjustments
- The CPE team wants your feedback on an open decision framework for evaluating our git forge options.
- Projects and mentors are needed for Google Summer of Code.
- Fedora Test Week for Kernel 5.5 is 10-17 February.
- FPgM Office Hours — 1400 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Council video meeting — 1500 UTC Wednesday on Jitsi
- Prioritized bugs meeting — 1600 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting
- The Fedora 32 release-blocking deliverables list is available.
- 2020-02-11: Mass rebuild ends
- 2020-02-11: Branch day
- 2020-02-11: Code Complete (testable) deadline
- 2020-02-25: 100% Code complete deadline
- 2020-02-25: Beta freeze begins
|Enable EarlyOOM||System-Wide||Ready for FESCo|
|Provide OpenType Bitmap Fonts||Self-Contained||Accepted|
|Additional buildroot to test x86-64 micro-architecture update||self-Contained||Ready for FESCo|
|Reduce installation media size by improving the compression ratio of SquashFS filesystem||System-Wide||Ready for FESCo|
|Update Haskell packages to Stackage LTS 14||Self-Contained||Approved|
|PostgreSQL 12||Self-Contained||Ready for FESCo|
Changes approved, rejected, or withdrawn will be removed from this table the next week. See the ChangeSet page for a full list of approved changes.