Here’s your report of what has happened in Fedora this week. Fedora 32 is GO and will ship on Tuesday 28 April!
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- Taskotron will be retired on 30 April.
- Fedora contributor Niharika Shrivastava (orionstar25) is a finalist for the 2020 Red Hat Women in Open Source Academic Award.
- The GNOME Community Engagement Challenge is accepting applications through 1 July.
- Communishift will be down through 9 May.
- Lenovo will soon be shipping laptops with Fedora Workstation pre-installed.
- Flock 2020 is canceled, but we want your ideas for Nest with Fedora.
- Fedora mourns the loss of long-time contributor jjmcd.
- 455 package review requests are awaiting a reviewer
- The Mobility SIG is looking for volunteers to help with bringing Fedora to mobile phones
- The Modularity team wants your feedback on Fedora Modularity
- Fedora 32 blocker review — 1600 UTC Monday in #fedora-blocker-review
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Council meeting — 1400 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Fedora Social Hour — 2300 UTC Thursday in #fedora-social on riot.im
- 2020-04-28 Fedora 32 GA release
- 2020-04-13–05-15 Communishift outage
- 2020-06-08–07-17 Reduced-capacity infrastructure
|java-11-openjdk as system JDK in F33||System-Wide||Approved|
|ELN Buildroot and Compose||System-Wide||Approved|
|Mark libdb as deprecated||System-Wide||FESCo #2379|
|Introduce module Obsoletes and EOL||System-Wide||FESCo #2364|
|Removal of the glibc-headers package||System-Wide||FESCo #2371|
|Network Time Security||Self-Contained||FESCo #2372|
|Update Erlang/OTP to version 23||Self-Contained||FESCo #2380|
Changes approved, rejected, or withdrawn will be removed from this table the next week. See the ChangeSet page for a full list of approved changes.
- Datacenter move
- Communishift is offline and in transit to the RDU-CC datacenter
- A full list of services impacted by the infrastructure moves is available
- AAA replacement
- See the GitHub kanban board for more information
See the CPE weekly for more information.