Here’s your report of what has happened in Fedora Program Management this week. The Go/No-Go meeting is next week. We are currently under the Final freeze.
No office hours next week, but normally I have weekly office hours in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else.
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- The Red Hat Summit CfP is open through 22 October.
- dist-git changes are coming that will enable self-service orphaned package adoption and simplify anitya configuration changes.
- The Open TestCon CfP is open through 31 October.
- The DevConf.CZ CfP is open through 1 November.
- FESCo has approved an updated non-responsive maintainer policy (diff)
- FESCo is considering an update to the FTBFS policy
- The QA team wants to know when to run live onboarding sessions. Let them know what works best for you.
Upcoming meetings & test days
- Blocker review — 1600 UTC Monday in #fedora-blocker-review
- Council meeting — 1400 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Fedora 31 Go/No-Go meeting — 1700 UTC Thursday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Fedora 31 Release Readiness meeting — 1900 UTC Thursday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Friday with Infra — Friday
- 22 October — Final release preferred target
- Set skip_if_unavailable default to false — reverted by FESCo
|Bug ID||Blocker status||Component||Bug status|
Submitted to FESCo
- Better Thermal Management for the Workstation (FESCo ticket #2241)
- binutils 2.33 (FESCo ticket #2245)
Community Application Handover & Retirement Updates
- Nuancier: New maintainer has been found & discussion is happening on the infrastructure mailing list
- Fedocal: A possible maintainer has been found & the team is engaging in conversation. App will be retired on 15th October if there is no commitment.
- Packagedb-cli: being retired
- Elections: blocked by PostgreSQL database is missing in application catalogue
- Badges: Discussion happening here for maintainers
- Pastebin: The new maintainer and CPE team are currently working on moving this application to CentOS.
In addition, the team is creating comprehensive documentation for Communishift.