Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)!
The Nest With Fedora CfP closes today! Registration is open now.
Fedora Linux 35 mass rebuild is underway.
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- Long-term FTBFS packages will be retired approximately one week before the F35 branch day.
- A new webpage to find packager sponsors is now available.
- Bugzilla will be under maintenance for infrastructure upgrades and will be unavailable on July 31st between 12:30 AM – 05:30 AM UTC.
- CentOS Stream 9 chroots are available in Copr.
|Nest With Fedora||virtual||5-7 Aug||closes 23 July|
|SeaGL||virtual||5–6 Nov||closes 5 August|
|CentOS Dojo||virtual||7–8 Oct||closes 6 September|
|Ohio Linux Fest||Columbus, OH, US||early Dec||closes 1 October|
- 184 package review requests are awaiting a reviewer
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- Help me verify the tasks before I make the F37–42 release schedules
- See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday and 2000 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Prioritized bugs meeting — 1500 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Fedora Social Hour — 1400 UTC Thursday in #fedora-social on Matrix
Fedora Linux 35
- 102 packages fail to build from source
- 166 packages fail to install
- 7098 open (Rawhide) bugs
- 2021-08-10 — F35 branches from Rawhide, F36 development begins
- 2021-08-10 — Change complete (testable) deadline
- 2021-08-24 — Change complete (100%) deadline
For the full schedule, see the schedule website.
|GHC 8.10 and Stackage lts-18||Self-Contained||Approved|
|libffi 3.4||System-Wide||FESCo #2650|
|Enhanced Inscript as default Indic IM||Self-Contained||FESCo #2651|
|Switch to WirePlumber as the PipeWire session manager||Self-Contained||Announced|
|Use power-profiles-daemon on Workstation||Self-Contained||Announced|
Changes approved, rejected, or withdrawn will be removed from this table the next week. See the ChangeSet page for a full list of approved changes.
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.
Start the discussion by commenting on the auto-created topic at discussion.fedoraproject.org