Earlier in Kevin’s announcement, it was announced that Fedora Infrastructure will retire fedorahosted.org. They urge all its active projects to move to pagure.io (or any other place they feel best meets their needs). The tentatively scheduled retirement date is February 28th, 2017.
After this announcement, there are many discussions and movement in different sub-projects. Some teams have already completed the migration successfully.
Trac alternative options
There are a few options that can be considered for migration.
- Pagure (preferred)
- Hosting and managing own Trac instance on OpenShift
So far, Pagure is the most considered option and many teams have already migrated to Pagure. Unlike other options, Pagure is officially supported by the Fedora Infrastructure team and is also used by other contributors across the project community. This gives Pagure a leading edge over other options, but the best solution will be specific to each team’s needs.
Some of the benefits of using Pagure for a replacement workflow are as follows.
- Shifting to Pagure is easy and efficient using the Pagure Importer tool by Fedora Infrastructure
- In the Pagure repo, priorities can be set for tickets based on ranking (e.g.
- Additionally, we can have custom priorities too
- Pagure milestones have been improved
- Roadmaps can be used in Pagure
- All the tickets with milestones set will show up on the Roadmap page
- For each milestone defined in project settings, the Roadmap groups tickets with the corresponding milestone
- Tickets without milestones are group in an unplanned section
- All of fields in both ticket types and ticket components are likely best implemented in tags for tickets (allows for categorization and grouping of the tickets based on their keywords)
- The “blocked by” and “blocking” feature is available in Pagure as metadata
- Every task / issue can be easily labeled using tags
- Pagure Importer tool can be used to import tickets to Pagure
- It is free and open source!
And last, but not the least, if you face any issue while Pagure in Fedora, you can open an issue here.