Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)!
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- Join us for Nest With Fedora 4–6 August.
- Automated reports of composes, updates-testing, etc will now be sent to the new test-reports list.
- The Fedora Design team has moved to GitLab.
- Important changes to licensing guidelines.
|dotnetdaysro||Iaşi, RO||20–22 Oct||closes 31 Jul|
|SeaGL||virtual||4–5 Nov||closes 3 Aug|
|Hardwear.io Netherlands||The Hauge, NL||24–28 Oct||closes 15 Aug|
|PyGeekle||virtual||6–7 Sep||closes 24 Aug|
|EuroRust||Berlin, DE and virtual||13–14 Oct||closes 28 Aug|
|Denver Dev Day||Denver, CO, US||20–21 Oct||closes 2 Sep|
|Vue.js Live||London, UK and virtual||28, 31 Oct||closes 5 Sep|
|Python Web Conf||virtual||14–17 Mar||closes 1 Oct|
- Package review requests:
- Submit your ideas for the “Feature Spotlight” series in Fedora Magazine
- Long-term failed to build from source packages will be retired in August
- Volunteers needed for Fedora Week of Diversity 2022
- Take the Fedora Docs survey to help us make improvements to the docs experience.
See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
Meetings & events
- Mindshare Committee meeting — 1200 UTC Tuesday in #fedora-mindshare
- FESCo meeting — 1700 UTC Tuesday in #fedora-meeting
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday and 1900 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Nest With Fedora — Thursday–Saturday
Hatches are local, in-person events to augment Nest With Fedora. Here are the upcoming Hatch events.
|11 Aug||Brno, CZ|
As a reminder, Nest With Fedora registration is open. We’ll see you online 4–6 August.
Fedora Linux 37
Below are some upcoming schedule dates. See the schedule website for the full schedule.
- 2022-08-09 — F37 branches from Rawhide, Change complete (testable) deadline
|Preset All Systemd Units on First Boot||Self-Contained||FESCo #2835|
|Public release of the Anaconda Web UI preview image||Self-Contained||FESCo #2839|
|BIND 9.18||Self-Contained||FESCo #2840|
|SELinux Parallel Autorelabel||Self-Contained||FESCo #2841|
|ibus-libpinyin 1.13||Self-Contained||FESCo #2843|
|z13 as the Baseline for IBM Z Hardware||Self-Contained||FESCo #2842|
|Haskell GHC 8.10.7 & Stackage LTS 18.28||Self-Contained||FESCo #2844|
|Emacs 28||Self-Contained||FESCo #2845|
|Mumble 1.4||Self-Contained||FESCo #2846|
Fedora Linux 38
|Add -fno-omit-frame-pointer to default compilation flags||System-Wide||FESCo #2817|
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.